Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shamefully Quick Update

I'm here. I'm alive. And I love it.

I'm learning Fulakunda, a dialect of Pulaar, and I thoroughly enjoy my host family. They don't speak a lick of French or English so it's true immersion! I will be heading back to my homestay site for 2 weeks, which is a difficult stretch of training, but I'm confident I'll continue to learn and excel. My language teacher has high expectations for me and I'll give it all my '!'.

Won't have another update for a couple of weeks. For more details contact mom or Taylor, they know the most.

Next you hear from me I should know my permanent site placement!

Love always from Senegal (which isn't really that far away),
!


3 comments:

  1. Word! So glad you posted something and you're alive and well. And we're even closer than most others... and thinking of you. We're in Paris and headed to Mulhouse on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're there! I know your having fun for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete