Monday, November 7, 2011

Heading to Salamata, Kolda


I wanted to post more before I ventured down south but have been quite busy with:

-swearing in officially as a volunteer at the Ambassador's house (see picture left!)
-spending the Tabaski holiday with my host family (imagine massive sheep slaughter)
-packing for installment to my permanent site
-and enjoying the time I have left with my wonderful Stage mates

I'm about to jump on a bus and take a 12 hour bus ride to my region where I will then install into my permanent site (on November 11th). I can hardly believe it's time; but, I welcome the opportunity to unpack and settle into this new home.

I won't have internet access for the coming months as I won't really be leaving my site. I will be trying my best to integrate into my community, enhance my language capacity, and build relationships. I will have a new mailing address which I will send out when I can and hopefully have organized reflections to share around the New Year.

Just know that I'm well, living to the fullest, adventuring everyday, and trying to have a positive impact. I will post when I can and am always sending love to my dear friends back home.

Peace (corps) and Love,
!

No comments:

Post a Comment